Below you can find a list of ice2ice peer reviewed publications. We have also produced a number of videos, which you can find on here.
- Malmierca-Vallet, Irene, et al. “Simulating the Last Interglacial Greenland stable water isotope peak: The role of Arctic sea ice changes.” Quaternary Science Reviews 198 (2018): 1-14.
- Åkesson, H. et al. “Atmosphere-driven ice sheet mass loss paced by topography: Insights from modelling the south-western Scandinavian Ice Sheet.” Quaternary Science Reviews 195, 32-47.
- Steiger, N., Niscancioglu, K., et al. “Simulated retreat of Jakobshavn Isbræ since the Little Ice Age controlled by geometry. The Cryosphere 12, 2249-2266.
- Lee J.E. et al. “An 83,000 year old ice core from Roosevelt Island, Ross Sea, Antarctica.” Climate of the Past, in review.
- Perner & Knudsen. “Two New Species of Recent and Upper Holocene Coccolith-agglutinated Foraminifera from the North Icelandic Shelf, North Atlantic.” J. of Foraminiferal Reserach 48 (3), 246-250.
- Pedro, Joel B., et al. “Beyond the bipolar seesaw: Toward a process understanding of interhemispheric coupling.” Quaternary Science Reviews 192 (2018): 27-46.
- Simonsen, Marius Folden, et al. “Particle shape accounts for instrumental discrepancy in ice core dust size distributions.” Climate of the Past 14.5 (2018): 601.
- Boberg, F., et al. “21st-century climate change around Kangerlussuaq, west Greenland: From the ice sheet to the shores of Davis Strait.” Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research50.1 (2018): S100006.
- Ogawa, Fumiaki, et al. “Evaluating impacts of recent Arctic sea‐ice loss on the northern hemisphere winter climate change.” Geophysical Research Letters (2018).
- Akperov, Mirseid, et al. “Cyclone activity in the Arctic from an ensemble of regional climate models (Arctic CORDEX).” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres 123.5 (2018): 2537-2554.
- Goelzer, H., et al. “Design and results of the ice sheet model initialisation experiments initMIP-Greenland: an ISMIP6 intercomparison.” The Cryosphere, 12, 1433-1460 (2018).
- Cuevas, Carlos A., et al. “Rapid increase in atmospheric iodine levels in the North Atlantic since the mid-20th century.” Nature Communications 9.1 (2018): 1452.
- Langehaug, H. R., et al. “Variability along the Atlantic water pathway in the forced Norwegian Earth System Model.” Climate Dynamics (2018): 1-20.
- Pyne, Rebecca L., et al. “A novel approach to process brittle ice for continuous flow analysis of stable water isotopes.” Journal of Glaciology (2018): 1-11.
- Jensen, Mari F., Kerim H. Nisancioglu, and Michael A. Spall. “Large changes in sea ice triggered by small changes in Atlantic water temperature.” Journal of Climate 2018 (2018).
- Luo, Yiming, et al. “Atlantic deep water circulation during the last interglacial.” Scientific reports 8.1 (2018): 4401.
- Schmith, Torben, et al. “Limited predictability of extreme decadal changes in the Arctic Ocean freshwater content.” Climate Dynamics (2018): 1-16.
- Cook, Eliza, et al. “First identification and characterization of Borrobol‐type tephra in the Greenland ice cores: new deposits and improved age estimates.” Journal of Quaternary Science33.2 (2018): 212-224.
- Poulsen et al. Parameterized and resolved Southern Ocean eddy compensation. Ocean Modelling, 2018
- Perner, Kerstin, et al. “Subarctic Front migration at the Reykjanes Ridge during the mid‐to late Holocene: evidence from planktic foraminifera.” Boreas 47.1 (2018): 175-188.
- Cook et al. First identification of cryptotephra from the Kamchatka Peninsula in a Greenland ice core: Implications of a widespread marker deposit that links Greenland to the Pacific northwest. Quaternary Science Reviews, 2018
- Ahlstrøm et al, Abrupt shift in the observed runoff from the southwestern Greenland ice sheet, Science Advances, 2017
- Mottram, Ruth, et al. “Modelling Glaciers in the HARMONIE-AROME NWP model.” Advances in Science and Research 14 (2017): 323.
- Smith et al, Direct measurements of meltwater runoff on the Greenland ice sheet surface, PNAS, 2017
- Strugnell et al. Dating Antarctic ice sheet collapse: Proposing a molecular genetic approach. Quaternary Science Reviews. 2017
- Madsen et al. Inflated uncertainty in multi‐model based regional climate projections. Geophysical Research Letters. 2017
- Andresen et al. Exceptional 20 th century glaciological regime of a major SE Greenland outlet glacier. Scientific Reports 7, 2017
- Muschitiello et al. Enahnced ice sheet melting driven by volcanic eruptions during the last deglacaitaion, Nature communications, 2017
- Rathmann et al. Highly temporallay resolved response to seasonal surface melt of the zachariae and 79N outlet glaciers in Northeast Greenland, Geophysical Research Letters, 2017
- Mottram et al. Surface mass balance of the Greenland ice sheet in the regional climate model HIRHAM5: Present state and future prospects, Low temperature science, 2017
- Maffezzoli et al. Bromine, iodine and sodium in surface snow along the 2013 Talos Dome–GV7 traverse (northern Victoria Land, East Antarctica) , The Cryosphere, 2017
- Vallelonga et al., Sea-ice-realted halogen enrichment at Law Dome, coastal East Antarctica, Climate of the Past, 2017
- Lang et al., Sea ice thickness and recent Arctic warming, Geophysical Reserach letters, 2017
- Aakeson et al., Simulating the evolution of Hardangerjøkulen ice cap in southern Norway since the mid-Holocene and its sensitivity to climate change, The Cryosphere, 2017
- Slater et al., Spatially distributed runoff at the grounding line of a large Greenlandic tidewater glacier inferred from plume modelling, Journal of Glaciology, 2017
- Smedsrud et al., Fram Strait sea ice export variability and September Arctic sea ice extent over the last 80 years, The Cryosphere, 2017
- Lang et al., Sea ice thickness and recent Arctic warming, Geophysical Research Letters, 2016
- Spolaor et al., Canadian Arctic sea ice reconstructed from bromine in the Greenland NEEM ice core, Nature scientific reports, 2016
- Faber et al. , How does sea ice influence δ18O of Arctic precipitation, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 2016
- Pedersen et al, Greenland during the last interglacial: the relative importance of insolation and oceanic changes, Climate of the past, 2016
- Kjær et al. An Optical Dye Method for Continuous Determination of Acidity in Ice Cores, Env. Sci. & Tech., 2016
- Pedersen et al, The last interglacial climate: comparing direct and indirect impacts of insolation changes, Clim. Dyn, 2016
- Pedro et al. Southern Ocean deep convection as a driver of Antarctic warming events, GRL, 2016
- Ilicak et al., An assessment of the Arctic Ocean in a suite of interannual CORE-II simulations. Part III: Hydrography and fluxes, Ocean modelling, 2016
- Jensen et al., The interaction between sea ice and salinity‑dominated ocean circulation: implications for halocline stability and rapid changes of sea ice cover, Clim. Dyn. 2016
- Spolaor et al., Halogen-based reconstruction of Russian Arctic sea ice area from the Akademii Nauk ice core (Severnaya Zemlya), The cryosphere, 2016
- Philippe et al., Ice core evidence for a 20th century increase in surface mass balance in coastal Dronning Maud Land, East Antarctica, The cryosphere, 2016
- Guo et al., Characteristics of the Nordic Seas overflows in a set of Norwegian Earth System Model experiments, Ocean modelling, 2016
- Pedersen et al., The impact of regional Arctic sea ice loss on atmospheric circulation and the NAO, Journal of Climate, 2016
- Nummelin et al., Consequences of future increased Arctic runoff on Arctic Ocean stratification, circulation, and sea ice cover, JGR. Oceans, 2016