Skip to content
- Map and synchronize marine sediment and ice cores to identify coinciding rapid changes
- Develop and synchronize sea ice proxies in ice cores on Greenland and marine sediment cores from the Arctic for Marine Interstadial 3.
- Employ a suite of models to address rapid change in present day, future and past Arctic climates
- Determine the dynamics, including atmospheric forcing, governing rapid changes in sea ice cover during D-O events, and analyse the stability of modern Arctic Ocean stratification in view of these findings
- Determine the impact of such rapid changes in sea ice on the mass balance of the Greenland ice sheet.
- Assess the likelihood for future impacts of sea ice change on Greenland Ice Sheet (GIS) mass balance and dynamics, and the potential influence of GIS reductions on sea ice cover.